Website Slipstream Brewing Co.
Slipstream Brewing Co is one of Australia’s most exciting craft breweries.
We are a small team of passionate people, producing some of the most accessible and sessionable craft beers in Australia. Our beers are brewed with nothing but pure flavour in mind, with our popular core range line-up as well as a regular limited release program. Slipstream is currently in a period of substantial growth after widening our distribution in Australia and we’re looking for great people to join the team during this exciting period.
We have just completed construction of our brand new 250 pax venue, which seamlessly connects customers to our brewing team and we are on the hunt for an experienced and well-organised Venue Manager to operate our hospitality venue.
As part of a dynamic and entrepreneurial culture, the successful candidate will be highly self-motivated and driven.
As the key person responsible for all things Hospitality, you’ll work closely with the Slipstream leadership team to create a world class beer experience. You’ll be responsible for continuing the awesome work done to date in bringing to life our venue and create a true destinational experience for the community of Brisbane and beyond.
- All day to day operations for the Slipstream Brewing Venue
- Ensure rigorous adherence to compliance and safety standards for staff and customers.
- Recruit, induct and train a passionate Front of House and Kitchen team.
- Working with the management team, deliver the highest quality Slipstream beer experience.
- Create a cohesive and united vision/front whilst also focusing primarily on the venue, beer and customer experience.
- Manage food, beverage and labour costs in relation to revenue and implement strategies to achieve business targets
- Foster a culture of customer engagement, retention and strong loyalty by leading innovative and targeted initiatives, which maintains venue popularity year-round.
- Manage and coordinate a calendar of functions and events, representing Slipstream in a professional manner at all times
- Engage all internal and external stakeholders – staff, contractors, suppliers, invoicing to ensure all operations are delivered to exact specification
- Maintain high levels of communication between the venue and external management team.
- Provide office administration and support as required
- Front of house management, overseeing kitchen operations with the Head Chef, financial management, team leadership, and stakeholder and customer relations.
- A passionate Leader and enthusiastic beer lover.
- Energy, enthusiasm, positivity – and bucketloads of it!
- Proven management experience in charge of a busy venue
- Extensive event and planning experience within the catering or hospitality industry
- Previous experience in managing venue operations, or similar
- QLD RMLV and Approved manager
- Financial acumen with regard to forecasting and operations management
- Time management and ability to prioritise tasks
- Strong communication, negotiation and relationship skills
- Competent IT Skills
- A strong connection to Brisbane, with local contacts
- Permanent visa holders and Australian residents welcome
- A highly structured and organised approach, managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Impeccable presentation and hygiene standards
- Flexible availability to suit business needs.
- A solid understanding of the financial aspects of running a successful venue including food & beverage costing and stock control
- The ability to operate a venue and function spaces simultaneously with KPI’s, wage and beverage cost management
- POS management experience
- Ability to motivate and lead the team by example
- Ability to build a strong productive team
Apply now with a cover letter stating why you think this is the position for you, along with your resume.
Please note, only successful candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.