Website Hemingway's Brewery
Hemingway’s Brewery waterfront gastro-brewpubs are located in two stunning locations of Port Douglas and Cairns.
Hemingway’s is the first of its kind in Far North Queensland and offers a relaxed vibe where you can enjoy handcrafted beers suited to the tropical climate, matched with an extensive locally inspired menu.
We pride ourselves on Our Beer, Our Food, Our Venue and Our People.
Reporting to the Head Chef and working with our established team, you will be an experienced Sous Chef or Senior Chef de Partie, looking for a new opportunity.
You will come with the experience and skills of a Leader and will find motivating and managing a kitchen team second nature.
You will be responsible for maintaining exceptional levels of food preparation and consistency ensuring a quality experience for Our Customers.
Our menu is based on ‘gastro-brew pub” fare and we delight in the satisfaction of utilising local provenance.
What You Will Need
- Ability to motivate and lead a kitchen team
- Ability to produce and maintain exceptional quality food to Hemingway’s standards
- Previous experience in training and coaching team members
- High level of organisational skill and excellent communication ability
- A strong understanding of how to cost and implement dishes to menu
- Ability or willingness to learn effective staff rostering to budgets
- Strong stock control and stock ordering experience
- Proven experience in minimising wastage and portion control
- Food Safety certification to ensure food safety and hygiene practices and compliance are maintained
- A positive “can-do” attitude
- Outstanding personal presentation
This is a great opportunity to join one of the most innovative and exciting businesses in Cairns and Far North Queensland.
We are not looking for a Chef – WE ARE LOOKING FOR A SOUS CHEF.
Great pay, great benefits and great Crew.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.