Website Stockade Brew Co.
Stockade Brew Co. is looking for a head brewer to run the brewery side of our soon to be opened microbrewery and barrel room bar. Located in the heart of Australia’s up and coming craft beer capital, the Marrickville based microbrewery will feature an extensive barrel ageing program as well as a small pilot brew system dedicated to producing a series of unique experimental beers.
As we are a small craft team you will have to wear multiple hats at this gig, assisting the venue manager in day-to-day operations of the venue, jumping behind the bar to pour a few beers, as well as running beer masterclasses and brewery tours for guests and customers.
Your responsibilities in the day-to-day management of the brewery include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the pilot brew system
- Keep the brewery space clean, safe and operational
- Liaise with our Smeaton Grange brewery team on product progress and packaging
- Ensure all barrels (and contents) are labelled correctly, maintained and accessible when required.
- Support the venue manager in taking and maintaining venue bookings
We are looking for someone who has:
- Creative approach to brewing and a passion for innovation
- Experience in wine making, spirit distilling, brewing or barrel ageing
- Proactive attitude and consistently seeking to develop the business
- A peerless passion and knowledge for top quality craft beer.
- A strong and critical attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
It is important at Stockade that our team are consistently developing and improving their skill set. For the right candidate, we will provide on the job training and subsidized study costs, helping you achieve a related Cert III/IV or diploma recognised by TAFE NSW appropriate to your field of work.
We love what we do at Stockade, and consistently seek to raise the bar on product and service quality across the craft beer industry. If you share this passion, aren’t afraid to try new things, and are looking for a unique opportunity to further your career in a rapidly emerging industry then we want to hear from you!
The position will be full time with pay commensurate with experience. Please forward applications to [email protected] by March 7, 2018
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org