Website Stomping Ground Brewing Co
GREAT BEER – it’s at the core of everything we do. We love great beer. We love making it. We love selling it. We love talking about it. And of course, we love drinking it! Beer beer beer beer.
Still have your attention? Do you love writing SOPs? Is ‘safety first’ your motto in life? Are you able to think on the spot and problem solve under pressure yet maintain a calm and professional manner? Then this might be the role for you!
Stomping Ground Brewing Co is looking for a Packaging Manager to work alongside our Head Brewer to run the day to day operations of the packaging department within the brewery.
We have been brewing beer and sharing our passion for great hospitality experiences at our Collingwood Brewery and Beer Hall for just over two years now. After expanding our facilities and investing in a Palmer canning line last year we want to ensure we are producing the highest quality beers in the most efficient way possible.
The Packaging Manager will be required to:
- Have oversight and ultimate responsibility for packaging operations and packaging staff, including rostering, training and development.
- Foster teamwork, open communication with the team, and conduct staff meetings and performance appraisals.
- Have the ability to create comprehensive SOPs and safety procedures to ensure safety, quality, efficiency, and profitability within the department.
- Have good mechanical competency and problem solving skills, ability to schedule and manage preventative and reactive maintenance.
- Conduct weekly inventory of packaging materials and complete ordering of materials as necessary.
- Manage logistics and transfers of packaged product to 3PL’s as well as between 3PL’s. In conjunction with the managerial responsibilities of the position, the -Packaging Manager will regularly fill production and packaging shifts in the brewery.
Whilst our brewery is still young, we live and breathe our passion for this industry. We want our company values to be reflected in the opportunities and growth we aim to provide for each employee. To reflect this, we are looking for people who respect equality in everything they do, strive for better sustainability practices, and positively adds to our culture.
We anticipate strong interest in this position. Candidates are required to have at least 3-5 years experience in a similar role including team management, a strong work ethic and passion for beer. Hands on experience specifically with a Palmer rotary filler (or similar) would be ideal.
Salary package will be dependent on experience.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality and will close on 9th November 2018.
Only applications with a cover letter who apply through Seek will be accepted, please email [email protected] for more information.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.