Website Heron Beverages
Join our growing team at Heron Beverages!
With increasing demand for and the expansion of our beer and spirits portfolio, we are looking for a Territory Sales Representative in Melbourne to nurture and grow our existing customers, while delivering on new business development.
This role will be hands-on, challenging, very rewarding and comes with a great sense of ownership.
Heron Beverages is a privately held import, sales and distribution company with a
focus on high-quality independent breweries and distilleries. (htbeverages.com.au)
Our portfolio covers numerous segments in the beer market and is built on working
with unique, high quality and sought-after independent producers.
You will find yourself working with better known higher volume brands and highly
specialized, lesser known breweries under the one portfolio.
Each member of the Heron team plays an important role in the business and bring
with them something unique, from skillsets and experience through to personality.
Sales Representative and Territory Manager
We are looking for somebody who is excited and passionate about the industry and
who takes responsibility and ownership of what they do on a day-to-day basis. This is a field sales position of which a large portion of sales and activity will take
place in off-premise indie retail and banner group outlets.
A sales role at Heron involves:
- executing our sales, marketing and distribution strategy relevant to your
- customer facing field sales, along with phone selling, and the use of email and
social media to interact with our customers on a daily basis.
- account management, business development and sales support.
- organization and delivery/hosting of weekly tastings and/or events in the
- organization and participation in beer festivals.
- achieve sales targets and KPl’s of which customer satisfaction is a top priority.
- developing customer plans for your territory with the Director.
- using internal software and our CRM (in line with policy) to execute and
maintain call cycles, accurate information and achievement of company and
The purpose of this position is to empower you to communicate our vision, story
and brands to the trade, end consumers and influencers, while allowing you to
develop a range of skills.
We are here to provide the best service we can to our customers and to our
supplier partners, by building brands and generating value for our trade customers and end consumers.
You will be in contact with the director each day in a supportive environment and
have potential for career advancement in a business that is family-owned and
always seeking opportunities.
Experience and Skillset?
- Must have proven sales experience,
- Knowledge of and experience in employing sales and negotiation
techniques and category management,
- Experience working in the Australian liquor industry is preferred,
- FMCG, Hospitality and Wholesale liquor experience is highly valued,
- Clean record and valid Australian drivers licence,
- Able to work full-time in Australia.
What’s on offer?
- competitive salary based on experience,
- vehicle allowance,
- use of company phone, laptop and tablet,
- personal sample allowance!
- growth and knowledge building and upskilling opportunities,
- a close-knit team!
- bonus incentives based on performance.
If you are interested in applying for this position and feel that you align with what we are looking for in this role and with our business, please proceed and note in your covering letter which role you are applying for.
Applications close February 28, 2019.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.