Website The Institute of Brewing and Distilling
Global professional development and education organisation
The Institute of Brewing and Distilling is a global professional development and education organisation with a long and proud history of advancing education in brewing, fermentation and distilling science.
The IBD is on a path to provide the most respected and widely recognised qualifications, training and development in brewing and distilling globally. The organisation actively provides education, training, events, and conventions to the global brewing and distilling industry.
With increased focus in the APAC region, the IBD seeks to appoint an Executive Manager. This newly created role will report to the APAC Chair and Board, and will implement the strategic plan, project managing and executing specific initiatives to achieve outcomes, with a constant focus on delivering quality membership services.
Building and managing strong, regular and engaging communications to members and prospective members is a key element of this role. This will involve various media channels including industry publications and journals, social media, websites and PR.
The Executive Manager will also manage the operations, promotion and development of the IBD as a peak educational and peer group for brewing and distilling in the Asia Pacific region, including running the biennial convention and other events.
There will be extensive liaison across the brewing and distilling industry, along with APAC board members, the UK head office, senior industry executives and the membership group.
You will be an experienced Executive Manager with:
- Outstanding relationship and stakeholder management ability, to build strong relationships and networks in the industry.
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills, with experience in developing communication strategies and promoting brands and organisation identity.
- A flair for marketing and promotions, including social media, events and PR will be well-regarded.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills, as robust financial governance and administrative management is a key accountability.
- The ability to work autonomously and independently. You’ll take high level direction from the Board and be able to work independently to execute and deliver.
- Experience in Association/Membership based organisations, and/or the education or not-for-profit sectors will be well-regarded.
This role is offered on a permanent part-time basis (average of 24 hours/week as a guide) and would suit someone who can manage variable hours. The position is home office based, located anywhere in Australia, with a preference for Sydney, Melbourne or Adelaide. Some travel will be required, most likely to be monthly.
- Newly created leadership role
- Driving services and professional development in a membership organisation
- Part time (24 hours/week on average), $150,000 pa pro rata
Please contact our executive search consultant Simon Tobin on 0414 630 158 or [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.