Website Tribe Breweries
We are Tribe Breweries – home to the largest number of independent craft beers in Australia. Our team are leaders in innovative high-quality brewing, focused on offering drinkers’ access to the finest beer products. The way we brew beer is critical to our success, and quality is at the heart of what we do.
Our own portfolio of brands includes Mornington Peninsula Brewery, Stockade Brewing Co, Wilde Gluten Free and Pabst Blue Ribbon, and we are also one of the largest contract brewers in the country, partnering with awesome people to create really great beer.
About the role
Our production facility at Smeaton Grange is a 24-hour production site, operating a rotating roster over a 3-week period includes day, afternoon and night shifts. Our brewing team is a group of talented and experienced brewers ranging from having many years of experience to our Trainee Brewers who are trained on all aspects of the beer production process including brewhouse skills, cellaring and kegging.
Working in a commercial brewery requires attention to details and can be physically demanding work but if brewing and craft beer is your passion, you will be right at home here. Duties for the role of Trainee Brewer include –
- Brewing duties including brewing, cellaring, centrifuging, bottling and keg racking operations, following comprehensive training in these areas;
- Operating forklifts to move product around the site as required;
- Applying sanitisation practices in the brewing and beverage manufacturing process,
- Accurate record keeping for quality analysis against our QA standards and industry specifications
- Support with general maintenance and cleaning tasks and promoting a clean and safe workspace.
As a member of the Tribe you will have access to our excellent range of products, and the rotating roster model provides flexibility of hours to manage work life balance.
Skills and experience
In order to be successful in this role, it is expected that you will have –
- Experience in a commercial brewery or beverage/food production plant and/or demonstrated knowledge of the brewing process and brewing techniques
- Forklift ticket (completed, or be in the processing of obtaining this)
- Ability to perform rotating shifts in a physically demanding work environment
- Experience working within a manufacturing/production environment working with packaging, canning or bottling lines would be ideal.
Applicants who have recognised tertiary qualifications in brewing/food manufacturing or related subject, and/or mechanical and electrical experience related to food/beverage manufacturing equipment will be highly valued.
The best brewers who have grown in our business are enthusiastic about producing the best possible product and have a desire to learn and grow, and always demonstrate a professional attitude. You must be a problem solver and a team player if you want to join our Tribe, so if this all sounds great send us your application and let us know a bit about you and why you should be here!
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.