Website Modus Operandi Brewing
About the business and the role
Modus Operandi Brewing is an award winning, 100% family owned brewery & brew-pub based in sunny Mona Vale on the Northern Beaches. Our beer is now sent all over Australia with our brew-pub being the heart of our business. It’s where craft beer lovers come to see a working brewery and take home fresh award winning beer, where visitors come on their holidays to have a tasting paddle and listen to live music and where locals come with their mates and family to kick back with a pint and some of the best handcrafted grub on the Beaches.
Due to rapid growth and expansion in both the brewery and brew-pub we have an exciting opportunity for a dedicated and reliable Venue Manager that wants to be involved in a truly independent, creative and diverse team where your opinion counts and you can make your mark on the business. A true Venue Manager role with autonomy and accountability.
Job tasks and responsibilities
What is the role?
- Representing Modus beers with a knowledge of our brewing process, driving a memorable experience for our customers.
- Management of front of house ensuring the venues presentation and bar procedures are maintained to the highest standard.
- Recruit, train and manage staff, staff rostering and providing your team with a positive culture where you lead both by example and by delegation where necessary.
- Venue event management and operation, including but not limited to; function bookings and special occasion events.
- Cash handling and an understanding of financials and knowledge of Excel spreadsheets, with the ability to meet budgets and control expenditures.
- Effective communication and team work with kitchen and brewing teams and reporting to management teams.
- Bar and venue inventory management and ordering across food, beverage, merchandise and venue maintenance.
- Organise venue and equipment maintenance and repairs as necessary.
Skills and experience
What we need from you?
- Prior venue management experience.
- Highly motivated, vibrant and proactive; ready to take on the responsibility of representing Modus Operandi in the venue.
- Friendly and approachable personality, focused on the customer.
- High attention to detail with an ability to work quickly & prioritise tasks.
- A team player who is happy to work with a small team and assist others when necessary.
- A sense of humour, in for the long haul & enjoy what you do!
Job benefits and perks
What you get from us!
- Competitive salary and bonus/incentive structure.
- 5 day week, with two consecutive days off. Venue closes at 10pm.
- We are a fast growing business with training & development opportunities available.
- A young, fun and experienced team who are excited about where we are going, but are enjoying the journey!
- Free meals and generous offers of Modus beer.
- Laptop provided.
- Dedicated office days to allow you to complete tasks uninterrupted from day to day operations.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.