About the business and the role
More than just a name, BALTER is the sense of enjoyment you get from doing something you love, just for the thrill of it.
The cool thing is this enjoyment can be found anywhere. You could be winning world titles, or simply feeling triumphant because you’ve navigated the mind bend of putting an Ikea shelf together. Its purest origins can be found at the end of a good day’s work when you sit back, sip on an epic beer and go… aaaah!
At Balter, we’re all about celebrating that enjoyment with you, because beer is more than just a drink: it draws tribes together and is a companion to many great moments in life.
The team at Balter are looking for a Venue Manager that will set & drive the strategic direction across all areas of brewery taproom including accountability of all deliverables, objectives & targets.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Creation & execution of yearly business plan specifically focused on growing: sales, brand engagement, profile of destination, merchandise sales & yearly events calendar. The Venue Manager will have an ongoing commitment to drive innovation/ideas to keep the taproom “fresh” and buzzing at all times, grow the external profile across varying platforms & oversee the day-day operations of the taproom.
- Proven track record within similar role with 3-5 years industry experience
- Have a strong background in events & functions
- Ability to demonstrate increased sales & consumer engagement within a venue previously worked at
- Demonstrate ability to manage and motivate large scale teams in a fast pace work environment
- Demonstrate love and passion for hospitality
- High level of understanding of craft beer or industry
Education & Qualifications:
- Queensland RSA, Liquor Approved Manager Certificate
- Manager/Business Course Certificate
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, multitask & lead teams
- Complete hands on and leading by example management style
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Proficient in Word, Excel and powerpoint
- Neat presentation & attention to detail
- Strong work ethic, persistent, reliable, self-aware, flexible availability, self-motivated, ambitious, passionate.
- Sound knowledge of human resource management, cost control, POS software
- Financial & KPI reporting to upper management
Venue Manager will need to be passionate about the ‘Good Beer Movement ‘& is professional but doesn’t take himself / herself to seriously.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.seek.com.au/job/34796692 →