This a great opportunity to get amongst the thriving craft beer scene! If you love craft beer, have a passion for customer service and love working in a team, then this is the role for you!
The essence of this role is to make sure the venue can run autonomously of higher management whilst still working closely together to ensure a seamless operation. The continual improvement of customer experience, revenue and reputation will all be measurable KPI’s.
The Venue Manager will be in charge of the daily running of the bar and making sure it operates smoothly, in a fun and engaging way! You will be responsible for the continued growth of revenue and for promoting events at the venue.
Ideally you would have more than five years of management and hospitality experience and be a true hospitality person with excellent managerial and interpersonal skills. Event management experience will also be looked upon favourably.
The successful candidate will display an extremely positive “can-do” attitude and be someone who takes on life in general! We are after an upbeat, enthusiastic, authentic, professional and friendly legend to come and work with our passionate team.
We are excited to meet you and continue the journey!
Roles and responsibilities
- Day to day running of the venue
- Manage, train and recruit staff
- Promote venue via social media, weekly events, in house promotions and traditional media
- Manage events and bookings – you will have a 2IC to help
- Inventory control and monitoring all stock movement
- P&L reporting
- Work in bar in a “hands on” capacity
- Run tastings at brewery
- Opening and closing bar
- Rostering staff
- Organise kitchen, ordering ingredients
- Organise live music
- Being in charge of health and safety in bar.
- Manage stock levels, beer lines, keg cellar etc
- Till reconciliation
- Banking of cash
- Staff training
- Ensuring smooth yet frugal operation of bar.
- Excellent leadership
- Venue and bar management
- Event management
- Staff management
- Efficient Multitasker
- Function Experience medium/large sizes would be favourable
- Strong Knowledge in computer and POS systems (IMPOS)
- Beer cellaring/tap systems
- Social Media savvy
- First Aid cert
- Current RSA
What we will give you!
- A fantastic, friendly and passionate work culture and environment
- An opportunity to “craft” your own identity and venue – we value collaboration, creativity and action!
- Fantastic exposure to the brewing process and a team of highly experienced and enthused people
- Lots of beer!
Being a local to the area or being willing to relocate is desirable as well.
If this sounds like you, send your application via email to [email protected].
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org