Website Wild Hop Brewing Company
*** OPENING FEB 2019 ***
We are seeking expressions of interest from talented and motivated chefs, to join our small team in launching this new venture in the Yallingup Hills, Western Australia.
With an estimated opening date of February 2019, we are looking for the right person to come on board, embrace our vision, and help us to bring it all together and get it off the ground. We are looking for someone who can be with us for the long haul, and believe this could be an incredibly exciting lifestyle position for the right type of individual.
Wild Hop Brewing Company is a start-up Brew Pub, family owned and operated in the idyllic Yallingup Hills, located in the northern part of the Margaret River wine region of Western Australia – approximately 2.5 hours drive South-West of Perth.
About Wild Hop
Wild Hop Brewing Company’s vision is to be known for brewing beer that excites us, beers that challenge us, beer that is full of flavour and character. We plan to rotate through the brews regularly, rather than sticking to a core range of beers. Our intention is to create an interesting and dynamic customer experience that reflects our values of freshness and creativity.
We anticipate serving a small, dynamic, share style menu featuring seasonal produce that has been licked by the flames of our Zesti wood fired rotisserie oven.
Wild Hop is located on 50 acres of bushland and cleared paddock land, with a 40 square metre hop yard, small established orchard, a flock of chooks, bee hives, and plans for a significant kitchen garden area. We hope to build a team of talented, passionate individuals that truly enjoy what we do, and the location where we do it. We subscribe to the work-hard/play hard philosophy, and believe that work should be fun and enjoyable. We plan to empower our staff with development opportunities, whether that is regular tasting and training sessions around the brewing process; sessions in the garden/orchard/hop yard/kitchen; or looking at more specific skills development opportunities as they arise.
The Head Chef is responsible for ensuring that the standard and quality of the food production within the kitchen is maintained at the highest level at all times. This role is very much hands-on, requiring attention to detail and a positive attitude.
You will be required to work closely with all other teams on a daily basis to achieve a dynamic and exciting menu that complements what is happening in the brew house, and takes advantage of what’s available in the kitchen garden. Communication, teamwork and respect is critical to this role. You must have an interest in artisanal brewing, and be willing to learn about the wide and revolving range of beers that our brew house will be producing. You should see opportunity in developing a menu that complements those beers, as well as using them as an ingredient in its self. You must also be eager and excited to get involved with wood fired cookery, as the key feature in our kitchen is a Zesti wood fired rotisserie oven. Previous experience with similar equipment is desirable, but not essential.
- Supervise the preparation of all food
- Ensure all food is prepared as per food preparation requirements and compliance to the Australian Food Standard 322 is maintained
- Ensure goods received are of high standard and quality
- Oversee the ordering and control of stock levels
- Oversee and supervise all kitchen staff and ensure all staff are aware of their duties, and what is expected of them
- Teach new staff skills they require to perform their roles to the required standard
- Delegate duties to kitchen staff as per the menu requirements
- Give staff feedback on their performance to enable staff development
- Ensure any staffing issues are resolved fairly and quickly
- Ensure wastage is minimised by careful supervision of food preparation methods
- Ensure proper hygienic storage methods are utilised to prevent food loss
- Ensure staff are aware of and follow safe work practices at all times
- Ensure new kitchen equipment is serviced at regular intervals and used properly
- Ensure the kitchen, and equipment is properly cleaned on a daily basis
- Liaise regularly with the Brewers to ensure menu has synergy with the current beers from the brew house
- Liaise regularly with the Gardener to keep up to date with what’s currently available, and advise requirements for future planting.
Skills and Abilities Required
- Qualified Chef, ideally with 5 years Head Chef experience who enjoys writing creative menus.
- Inspired by fresh, seasonal produce and being involved with a kitchen garden
- Interest and excited by artisanal brewing
- Interest and excited by wood fired cookery
- Punctual, organised and trustworthy
- Professional appearance
- Ability to manage other people and motivate staff
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Must maintain professional and respectful communication with suppliers and customers
- Have a calm demeanour and a sense of humour!
About Margaret River
Top quality wine, world-class surf and international events have put the Margaret River Region on the map, but it’s the rest of the offering which keeps both Australian and overseas visitors coming back – including a thriving brewing industry!
The Mediterranean climate which makes the region ideal for growing grapes and fine wine is also well suited to growing other produce too. The region in overflowing with locally-grown fruit and vegetables, meat, seafood and a whole host of providers selling anything from fudge and homemade ice cream to olive oil, tapenades and chutneys.
All of this is fringed by some of the most pristine coastline in the world. The picture-perfect, calm waters of Geographe Bay entice families and sunbathers, while the dramatic west-facing coastline between Cape Naturaliste and Cape Leeuwin attracts surfers, kite boarders and those who love some action on the water.
Top that off with an extensive underground cave network, migrating whales, stunning wildflowers and it becomes visible why this region really does have so much to offer.
Applications close 5pm Monday 1st October 2018. Please email applications or enquiries to [email protected] Please note that we don’t anticipate this role commencing until January 2019.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com