With brewing jobs appearing regularly on Australian Brews News, it highlights the constant need for trained brewers to be entering the industry.
If you’re interested in learning more about brewing and can’t get along to the Edith Cowan University you might want to consider the US-based online course below. The Siebel Institute’s Keith Lemke advise the institute has had several students from ‘Down Under’ already and that it is gaining in popularity worldwide. If you’ve done the course, we’d be interested to hear your thoughts.
The World Brewing Academy web-based Concise Course in Brewing Technology (May 8 – Aug 7, 2011) brings brewmaster-supervised commercial-level brewing training to you, allowing students to study brewing technology over the internet without having to travel. This intermediate-level course builds on your basic knowledge of brewing to give you sound understanding of the techniques and technologies used in breweries of every size. The around-the-clock availability of our course content means students can set their own study times, allowing you to maximize your educational experience with minimal disruption to your work schedule or personal life.
The WBA Concise Course is the perfect course for:
- Employees of breweries who need training in brewing theory
- Brewing industry suppliers
- Beer distributors and wholesalers looking to improve their knowledge of how beer is produced
- Those looking towards entering the brewing industry, including prospective brewery owners
- People preparing for our advanced-level courses like the Associate, Diploma or Master Brewer Programs
- Candidates for the Institute of Brewing and Distilling exams (this course is recognized by the IBD as suitable for those studying for the General Certificate Exam)
For complete information on the course, download our 2011 course catalogue including registration forms at here. If you have any questions about this or any of our other brewing-related programs, courses or workshops, contact us at [email protected].