ONE WEEK TO GO!!!
The good news is that event submissions are rolling in for Good Beer Week 2012 – and that there are some awesome ones in the mix. The bad news is that if you haven’t got yours in yet, there’s just a week to go before submissions close. And this time around that means they really close – no more extensions like the end of last year!
Good Beer Week doesn’t actually kick off until May 12, but we need time to compile the best possible eight-day calendar and get all the events into our online and print programs. Both are due to be launched mid-March, giving us two months to promote all your beers, events and venues. So, if you want to be a part of what we believe will be the biggest celebration of beer Australia has ever seen, don’t delay!
A few things to remember:
- The aim is to celebrate good beer and the people that brew, promote and sell it.
- Events can be anywhere in Victoria; it’s centred in Melbourne but we’re fully behind events that promote good beer in the regions.
- We’re happy to promote good beer from anywhere, not just Victoria or Australia. There are already interstate, Kiwi and other overseas showcases being arranged.
- Registering an event costs $300, unless you run a bottleshop or are a regional venue, in which case it’s $150. You’ll find full details in the guidelines that can be downloaded from goodbeerweek.com.
- Registrations aren’t complete until we have received your payment: no payment, no taking part in Good Beer Week. We’ll send invoices once submissions close.
- Good Beer Week has been established as a not-for-profit association. All income will be used to make the festival happen.
- Not one member of the tiny team working long hours to create this festival over the past ten months has been paid a cent, so we really appreciate your support.
- Don’t worry if you don’t know all of the details of your event, such as which guest brewers will be there; we know that many interstate and overseas guests are yet to confirm their attendance.
See you in May!
Good Beer Week 2012 runs from May 12 to 19, 2012. To register an event, head to goodbeerweek.com where you will be asked to sign up as a member before submitting details of your proposed event(s). If you have any problems with registration, email [email protected] or [email protected].