Fresh from a top ten finish for The Big Dipper in the Critics’ Choice hottest 100, Little Creatures has released it’s latest single batch, a hybrid ale described as a hoppy Belgian and is called The Quiet American.
Details from the brewery below. It will be available in pint bottles from the brewery as of 19 April, and thennationally in the following weeks.
The Quiet American
1. Style: Hybrid Ale – A Hoppy Belgian
2. ABV: 7.2%
3. Malt Bill: Pale Ale Malt, Abbey Malt, CaraBeige, CaraAroma, MunichMalt and Belgian Candi Syrup.
4. Hops: A showcase of our new season US Cascade and Chinook
5. IBUs: 55IBU
6. Colour: 22EBC
7. Ferment: A warmer Belgian ferment to encourage the ester and higher alcohols to shine
8. Filtered: Filtered bright
9. Bottle conditioned: No
10. Pasteurised? Certainly not.
11. Anything else about the beer that makes it unique?
A very unique hybrid of Belgian Strong Ale – think esters, spice (although no spices are added!!), higher alcohols (fusel oils), fruity, zesty converging with a big and loud American IPA – think green, citrus, pine, resin, bitter, It presents with an orange hue, a nice tight white foam and a lively carbonation.
12. The beer – in a nutshell:
A mash up of Belgian and American flavours and brewing styles, influenced by the quiet talents of the Trappist monk brewers while celebrating the loud and proud US IPA’s through the use of the new season American hops -in Best enjoyed in moderation.