Returning to The Scratch on 6th July, the Beerkary Bakery will be matching to four great beers from Brewtal Brewers.
Beerkary is a pop-up bakery, which comes from a simple desire to combine our two favourite things – beer and baked goods. The pastries are made by chef Ben Devlin and this time the beers are made by brewer Tim Goulding.
“Sourdough Culture” is fermented with saison yeast and the same sourdough starter in Beerkary’s bread; and “Wild Citrus Sesh” is a pale ale using with wild herbs and flowers that Beerkary especially picked from the Southbank Parklands community garden.
The menu of Brewtal beer and matching Beerkary sweet and savoury selections includes:
Bloody Good Stout (oatmeal stout with a roasty black finish)
- Chocolate, oatmeal brioche with caramelised milk.
- Oatmeal stout sourdough sandwich with hot smoked beef and pickles.
Brisbane River Brown (Brown ale with rich caramel / toffee malts)
- Brown butter scroll, grilled pear and salted caramel.
- Brown butter brioche with welsh rarebit. (like grilled cheese sandwich)
Sourdough Culture (Saison with slight tartness, spice and subtle honey sweetness)
- Sourdough croissant, honey, rye and spiced custard.
- Sprouted grain and honey sourdough sandwich with honey-glazed pork jowl, apple and mustard seeds.
Wild Citrus Sesh (Hoppy ale using the citrus heavy hops and blended with wild herbs)
- Lemon and wild flower layer cake
- Hopped croissant, with cured trout and wild herbs.
Selected Beerkary sourdough bread will also be on available as plain loaves to take home.
DATE & TIME: Sunday 6th July 2014, 10:00am start (until sold out)
VENUE: The Scratch, 8/1 Park Road Milton, Qld 4064
COST: Pastries range from $5 – $9
Hope to see you there!