Award-winning Canberra based brewery BentSpoke Brewing Co turns two years young on Monday and is celebrating in style with the release of no less than seven beers and a week-long party.
“We’re so proud to call Canberra home and to have achieved such a loyal following in just two short years” said Head Brewer and Owner Richard Watkins. “Canberra’s continued love of BentSpoke beer has pushed us to make over 300,000L and 50 different types of beer since we opened, and we think that’s worth celebrating!” he added.
BentSpoke will turn two on Monday and you can have your beer and cake, and eat and drink them two (sic).
BentSpoke will release the Descent 16, a 16% Imperial Stout matched up with dark chocolate birthday cupcakes, all given away free from 6pm at the Braddon brewery.
Other highlights of BentSpoke’s week-long party include:
- Hops-pitality Tuesday – the launch of a new Canberra hospitality industry night which will host regular talks from local brewers, distillers, winemakers, roasters and growers. Kicking the first one off this week Watkins will outline how beers and ciders are made at BentSpoke in addition to releasing Hot Off The Press, a hot mulled cider perfect for the coming winter months;
- Wheelie Wednesday – a bicycle ‘roller racing’ championships with racing taking place on stationary bikes mounted in track stands in the pub matched up with the launch of a performance enhancing caffeinated beer named Double Shot, a double IPA brewed with cold-press coffee in collaboration with Collingwood brewery Stomping Grounds;
- Sneak-Peak Saturday – an exclusive behind-the-scenes sneak-peak at BentSpoke’s new production brewery, The Cannery, currently under construction in Mitchell. The only way to get there will be to join the social bike ride departing from BentSpoke Braddon and earn your thirst and free lunch courtesy of new Canberra based BBQ specialists Smoking Gun BBQ. Saturday will see the return of Red Nut a crowd-pleasing red India Pale Ale.
The week will also see the launch of two ongoing weekly events: #SpokesdaySundays where patrons receive half-price beers if they tag BentSpoke across social media any given Sunday, and; Fries-day Fridays which sees BentSpoke’s famous Hop Potatoes loaded with a variety of creative ingredients.
Other beers being released this week are:
- Rusty Wheat – a red wheat beer that would have William Farrer turning in his grave!
- Cluster 18 – BentSpoke’s outrageous 18% sextuplet I.P.A.
The celebrations will cap off a highly successful second year for BentSpoke which saw it take home the Australian Hotels Association ACT’s Best New Venue Award, several medals at last month’s Australian International Beer Awards including Gold for Barley Griffin pale ale, and the start of construction of its production scale brewery that will see BentSpoke beer in cans in around two months time.
“We’d like to that Canberra for its continued support of BentSpoke” said Watkins “we’re proud to be Canberra’s local beer brand”.