Pete and Matt are pushing the Cook limit this week and they pack plenty in. The big stories of the week are:
- AB InBev say 8% of beer volumes come from no and low alcohol beer
- Bird state finalist in business awards comes as Brews News prepares to celebrate International Women’s Day
- Breweries represented in Australian Tourism Awards 2018 results
- The Portman Group is trying to destroy Britain’s proud history of strong ales
- Following Test Drive, Craft Brew Alliance Formally Establishes ‘pH Experiment’ Business Unit
- 26 Page definition of a biscuit
- Bonus Reading
Thanks to listener, James Davidson, for picking up an important error in last week’s show about the ABAC code.
What the ABAC code says about minors: “A Marketing Communication must NOT… (ii) depict a person who is or appears to be a Minor unless they are shown in an incidental role in a natural situation (for example, a family socialising responsibly) and where there is no implication they will consume or serve alcohol.”
And must not “depict an Adult who is under 25 years of Age and appears to be an Adult unless:
- they are not visually prominent;
- they are not a paid model or actor and are shown in a Marketing Communication that has been placed within an Age Restricted Environment.”
Radio Brews News is proudly presented by Cryer Malt. With over 25 years in the field, Cryer Malt has been bringing you the world’s best local and imported malts. Your premium brewing partner and proud supporters of Brews News.
We thank Rallings Labels and Stickers for sponsoring this podcast. Call Rallings on 1300 852 235 to discover a more efficient way to get your small batch canning labels done.
If you like what we do at Radio Brews News you can help us out by:
- Sponsoring the show
- Reviewing us on iTunes or your favourite podcasting service
- Emailing us at [email protected]news.com.au to share your thoughts
All letter writers will receive a brews news bottle opener and go into the draw to win a mixed six-pack thanks to our good friends at Beer Cartel who sponsor our letter for the week.